Best AR-15 Furniture & Accessories
Finding The Best Parts For Your AR-15
Today, the AR-15 has morphed into one of the most customizable rifles available to civilian novices and enthusiasts alike. With a design that is completely modular, the AR-15 rifle shows up in numerous conventions throughout the country. Accessories range from small upgrades, such as slings, to more modern attachments. There are even rail mounts available that have smartphone attachments.
Listed below are some of the best products available for modifying your AR-15 rifle to suit your individual needs. Items are subcategorized by the type of accessory and manufacturer, when applicable. Whatever product you are looking for, there are lots of great accessories to give you a better shooting experience with the rifle.
The Best AR-15 Accessories
When searching for new AR-15 accessories, handguards are one of the first picks that customers often look for. Here are three great handguard products:
- Troy Industries AR-15 Drop-In Battle Rail – If you want to use optics with your rifle, the Troy Drop-In battle rail is compatible with most sights. Sizes can range from carbine and go up to rifle length. With its Quad Rail, iron sights can also be fastened quickly to the front end.
- Foxtrot FM-9 Free floating M-Lok Lightweight Handguard – Handguards that manage to be lightweight and durable have become harder to find, mostly from saturation from so many sellers offering such AR-15 accessories. Foxtrot’s FM-9 appears rudimentary but does come with a picatinny rail. Manufactured from aluminum, it is also suitable to use with M-Lok mounts from Magpul if you own any already.
- Magpul MOE M-LOK Carbine Length Handguard – Made from polymer, the MOE M-LOK is an equally good choice if you want to keep your rifle lightweight yet retain the ability to carry numerous mounts. There are multiple sling attachments on the frame. Setup is easy, requiring that you simply place two separate pieces together.
Using the right rifle stock can determine how precise your shooting will be with the AR-15. Up next are stocks that are great in value but made from high-quality parts.
- Mission First Tactical BattleLink Minimalist Stock – This tactical stock is lightweight and will hook up to your rifle by sliding it into place. The butt pad sits at a slight curve that will allow you to prepare your aim quicker. If you want to use a sling, there are several points to which you can hook the strap to the stock. Weights 5.8 ounces and features a latch that secures the stock from moving while in motion.
- Magpul AR-15 STR Stock Collapsible Commercial – Unlike the brand’s previous CTR model, the STR is slightly wider at the top which allows for better storage, but is slightly heavier. However, your stability can increase with the STR, particularly with prone shots that require you to have a firm cheek grip.
- Luth-AR Complete Carbine Stock Assembly – One of the most adjustable stocks available anywhere, it is made from glass nylon and can be fitted to both military and commercial AR-15 rifles. The cheek riser is large, measuring approximately 1 inch in height. Another great feature is the picatinny rail that is located on the bottom of the stock, along with the ability to adjust the stock length with a screw mechanism.
Getting a comfortable grip should also be a top choice in furniture for your AR. Just be sure to check size recommendations on models that interest you the most, as some are better for people with big hands or offer a more ergonomic stance with the stock. Here are the following products:
- Magpul MIAD 1.0 – Featuring two front and rear straps, the MIAD 1.0 comes with a grip that is able to store a small number of bullets, a feature that is not included on the 1.1 (reviewed below). It can also be locked permanently to the rifle with a small pin that goes under the bottom portion of the grip. Finger alignment is also taller, so if you have large hands, the 1.0 should be better suited for you.
- Magpul MIAD 1.1 – Leaving off with the 1.0, there are several noticeable differences with the newer 1.1. Instead of a storage space for bullets, a small plastic container is included to fit into the hollow space of the grip, perfect for keeping lubricant with you on the go. Besides the oil bottle and the lowered height of your fingers, the 1.1 is perfect if you want a grip that is easy to hold and great in value.
- Tangodown BG-17 Rifle Grip – Sold in colors of black, foliage green, and flat dark earth, the BG-17 includes a compartment large enough to fit small pieces of gear (bullets, CLP, batteries). The grip angle is specifically designed to make shooting more comfortable for people with medium to large-sized hands.
Red Dot/Holographic Sights(Optics)
Holographic and red dot sights usually do not carry magnification features yet do include powerful batteries and the ability to target easily. The featured sights are as follows:
- EOTech Model 300 Blackout – The EOTech 300 Blackout weighs just 1.25 pounds and is a good choice for hunters that wish to acquire a sight with a range of 350 yards. It includes a lithium battery that will last for 300 hours of continuous use.
- Aimpoint Micro H-1 2 MOA – The H-1 2 MOA is often touted as one of the best red dot sights sold worldwide. The optical can be magnified up to 1x and the battery will last five years-with nonstop use. It can be adjusted according to elevation and wind speeds as well. Whether you plan to use this during the daytime or in areas of poor light visibility, the optics will facilitate pinpoint accuracy.
- Holosun HS403A Micro – This sight is able to automatically turn on when your rifle is picked up, a good way to save time when quick shots are necessary for hunting purposes. It will remain bright during times of poor visibility. With years of battery life, 4.2 ounces in weight, and small dimensions, The HS403A is suitable for medium range shooting.
Variable Scopes (Optics)
Variable scopes are great for medium to long-range shots. Here are three that were chosen for their durability and value:
- Bushnell AR Optics FFP Illuminated BTR-1 BDC – This scope is perfect for long shots that range up to 600 meters. It also has a magnification of 4x. There is a lever when you need fast alterations to power and distance. Other features include 1 mil click adjustments and a sight that is powerful enough to brighten to settings that do not require its full power to be used.
- Primary Arms 1-6 x 24mm Scope – Another great hunting scope, This Primary Arms piece will work well in foggy and wet environments. It is water resistant and has an aluminum build. The scope’s reticle, a second focal plane, yields crosshair visuals that will maintain the same size regardless of magnification.
- Bushnell Optics Drop Zone-223 – This has many of the same qualities that are found in top-shelf scopes. There is a focus knob on the side to adjust for long range targets. Highly durable, the finish is made of aluminum alloy and weighs about 1.33 pounds. An overall great buy for hunting.
Bipods make shooting in multiple positions much easier, particularly during kneeling and standing positions where mounting obstacles are present. Have a look at the following:
- CVLIFE 9-13 Inches Rifle Bipod – Made from aluminum and steel, this bipod is resistant to rust and is fairly simple to set up. The springs are stiff but do not make folding difficult when not in use. Furthermore, the legs can be extended from five to 13 inches from the surface. It is recommended for prone and standing positions (when a surface is available to you).
- AVAWO Tactical Bipod – This accessory will be of great benefit if your shooting terrain is uneven. Additionally, the pivot will help your aim stay on target by up to 20 degrees. The legs remain in a forward position when open, of which can retract to 9 inches. Installation can include either a swivel stud or picatinny mount.
- Atlas BT10-LW17 V8 Bipod – The Atlas series includes several bipods. The BT10 LW17 has extendable legs (9 inches) and five leg positions. It can be mounted to 1913 picatinny rails. Weighing about 7 ounces, it has a pan and cant of 30 degrees. It is suggested if you need a bipod that is able to adjust to awkward firing positions with the push of a button.
AR-15 Furniture that Works
After going over the various accessories compatible with AR-15 rifles, you should have a clear understanding of what favors you most. Many of the brands shown will ultimately narrow down to your personal preference. However, the benefits of these can range from better shooting to longer periods of rifle use from added comfortability. It is without question that furniture and parts for AR-15 rifles will continue to get better over time.